In the past three weeks, I worked on these issues. Almost all of the issues (except 4-5) belong to structured exceptions in Moose.
Problems which I faced:
- MooseX::Role::WithOverloading is broken: I have used operator overloading in the Exception class. Accoring to this issue, I was supposed to use a Role, but I inherited Exception class instead of using it as a Role. Moose::Role does not support overloading, so my mentor asked me to use MooseX::Role::WithOverloading. The reason for inheriting the Exception class was that MooseX::Role::WithOverloading is broken in the current version of perl(perl 5.18.0), so on my mentor’s suggestion I wrote a class instead of a role.
- Recovering a file in git: While cleaning up redundant files, I deleted a file by mistake. Since, the text which I lost was not very long, so I rewrote it & it worked fine. But later Jesse (my unofficial mentor :)) told me about how to recover a file from git. I’ll describe it in my next post.
- Metaobject Protocol: I managed to understand it to some extent, by reading this book, working on this exception & asking questions to my mentor.
- Inline exceptions: This is the first inline exception which I did. Understanding how the inline code is generated was a challenge for me.
In the upcoming weeks, I’ll work on more exceptions and also some tasks which are not related to exceptions (for a change).
One thought on “GNOME’s OPW status update (weeks 1,2 & 3)”
thank you so much for using so many adjectives to describe my work 😀 and today is neither today nor tomorrow, it’s yesterday in USA 😀